Saturday 7 September 2013

MIXED SPROUTS

This dish is very simple to make but very healthy and tasty.


INGREDIENTS
2 cups mixed sprouts
1 medium sized onion
1 medium sized tomato
a few curry leaves
a pinch of haldi
Chilly powder and salt as per your taste.

METHOD
Soak legumes like moong(green gram), matar(peas) ,chana (bengal gram) etc. for 4-5 hours. Then tie them in a thin cloth and allow them to sprout. (Keep the cloth wet by sprinkling water occasionally for better results). 

I have used moong, moth, chana, matar, green chana and methi(fenugreek) seeds. Adding methi gives a nice flavour.                                                                                                             
                                                                Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and a pinch of hing. Now add the chopped onions and saute till they become transparent. Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Fry till the water of the tomatoes almost dries up. Add haldi and chilli powder. Mix well and add the sprouts. Add a little water and cover and cook till the sprouts become soft.


This goes well with rotis and also rice.
This can also be served garnished with finely chopped onions, corriander leaves and fine sev.




No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.