1 kg firm ripe tomatoes
2 tsp salt
2tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp methi (fenugreek seeds)
1/4 tsp hing (asafoetida)
5 tbsp oil
1 tsp chana dal ( split bengal gram)
1 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp methi
1/4 tsp hing
2 dry red chillies
- Wash the tomatoes and wipe them dry.
- Chop them into small pieces and allow to cook in a wide pan after adding salt and turmeric.
- Cook till reaches a semi solid consistency.
- Roast the mustard and methi separately and powder it along with chilli powder and hing.
- Mix it to the tomato paste.
- Now temper the tomato paste.
- Heat oil. Add mustard and allow it to splutter,
- Add chana dal, hing, methi ,red chillis and curry leaves.
- Add it to the tomato paste.
- Allow to cool and fill it in a clean and dry bottle.
This pickle can be stored for 2-3 months and longer if stored in the refrigerator
Prepare the pickle in a dry area. Do not allow to come in contact with water.
Do not touch the ingredients with bare hands.
Always use a clean and dry spoon.