Breakfast recipes for dosas and idli require methodical planning. 4-5 hrs of soaking the dals/lentils and then fermentation time of 8 or more hours.
This dosa is a simple and nutritious break fast which doesn't require much of pre planning.
This doesn't require any fermentation of the batter and can be even eaten as an evening light snack.
The green gram/moong dal can be soaked for just 1 1/2 to 2 hrs before preparation.
1 cup green gram dal/moong dal
2 tsps rice flour (optional)
1'' piece ginger
2 green chillies
2 tsp fresh corriander leaves
1/4 tsp haldi/ turmeric powder
1/2 tsp jeera/ cummin
salt to taste
- Soak the moong dal for about 2 hrs
- Grind to a smooth batter along with chillies , coriander leaves and ginger.
- Mix rice flour, jeera, turmeric and salt.
- Heat a flat pan and grease with very little oil.
- Add about a ladle of the batter and spread into a circular shape, like dosas or pancakes.
- Add a little oil and cook on medium flame.
- Flip on the other side and allow to cook.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
ADDING RICE FLOUR WILL MAKE THE DOSA CRISP.
SOME LIKE IT SOFT, SOME LIKE IT CRISP.
You can make it as per your taste.