Friday 19 February 2016

CAULIFLOWER AND CARROT PICKLE

Beginners in cooking do not like the thought of preparing a pickle at home.
It brings to mind a tedious and elaborate process. But here is a pickle which is very easy to make and can be prepared very quickly.
This pickle can be stored for 5-6 months and goes very well with Parathas.

DURING PICKLE PREPARATION ALL THE INGREDIENTS AND  VESSELS SHOULD BE COMPLETELY DRY .
EVEN A SMALL AMOUNT OF MOISTURE CAN SPOIL THE PICKLE WHEN STORED.
CUT VEGETABLES

THE MASALA


MASALA MIXED WITH VEGETABLES

PICKLE READY AFTER A WEEK

INGREDIENTS
4 cups cauliflower
1 cup carrot
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup mustard powder (grind whole mustard seeds to get mustard powder)
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup red chilli powder
1/2 cup groundnut oil or til oil
1 tsp haldi /turmeric powder
1/4 tsp hing/asafoetida


METHOD


  • Wash and cut the cauliflower and carrot into small pieces and spread it on a cloth and allow to dry. 
  • In a bowl mix all the ingredients and then mix the cauliflower and carrot pieces.
  •  Fill  into a glass jar and keep it aside.
  • After 2 days mix the mixture in the jar.
  • The vegetables get seasoned and the oil starts floating on top.  
  • The pickle will be ready to eat in a week's time.
Didn't I tell you it's simple ? :)
Do try it and let me know how you relished it!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.