2-3 radish along with the leaves
1/2 tsp cummin/jeera
1/4 tsp turmeric powder /haldi
1-2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp besan/bengal gram flour
salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil. Add jeera.
- Add finely chopped radish along with the leaves.
- Stir fry for a few secs.
- Add salt,haldi powder and red chilli powder.
- Cover and allow to cook on a slow flame.
- When the radish becomes soft, add the besan flour and mix well.
- Allow to cook for a min.
- Squeeze a few drops of lime juice and serve with rotis .
FOR THE PHULKAS
Phulkas are flattened wheat breads which are cooked on direct fire.
They are very light and easy to digest compared to tawa rotis and parathas.
HOW TO MAKE PHULKAS
|rolled out ball|
|put on heated tawa|
|flip and allow to brown on one side|
|flip and put on fire|
- Mix salt and water to whole wheat flour and knead into a medium soft dough.
- Apply oil and knead again.
- Keep aside for 15-20 mins.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Roll out into a uniform thin circle .
- Take care to avoid creases while rolling.
- Heat a tawa/girdle and put the phulka on it.
- Flip it to the other after a sec and allow it to roast well to a light golden colour.
- Now remove the tawa from fire and put the phulka directly on fire with the uncooked side facing the flames with the help of tongs.
- The phulka bloats and puffs up.
- Remove from fire and apply ghee.
- The diet conscious can skip the ghee. :)
- Serve the phulkas hot with any side dish of your choice.
- You can also serve some sliced onions mixed with lemon juice and salt to enhance the taste .