Thursday 10 October 2013

NUGGE SOPPINA CHUTNEY/DRUMSTICK /MORINGA LEAVES CHUTNEY

INGREDIENTS
2 cups drumstick leaves (Do not use the stems, pick only the leaves)
3-4 red chilies
1tsp dhania (coriander seeds)
a small piece of tamarind
1/4 tsp hing (asafoetida)
5-6 tbsp grated coconut
salt to taste

METHOD
In a vessel boil all the ingredients except coconut, till the leaves become soft. Remove from flame and add the grated coconut. Allow to cool and grind to a paste. Temper with mustard ,udad dal (black gram) and hing.


Nutritious chutney is ready to be served. This can be mixed with steamed rice and eaten. For extra flavour mix a few drops of coconut oil to the rice and mix the chutney and relish.



                                                        ASH GOURD PEEL CHUTNEY


Peel the skin of Ash gourd and follow the same procedure for making the chutney. Here I have used green chilis instead of red.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.