Tuesday 22 October 2013

SABBASIGE TOVVE / DILL AND LENTILS


INGREDIENTS

1 bunch sabbasige/dill leaves
1/4 cup yellow lentils/toovar dal
3-4 tbsp freshly grated coconut
2-3 green chilis
a pinch of turmeric/hadi
1tsp mustard
a pinch of hing/asafoetida
salt to taste
oil for tempering

METHOD
Boil the dal/lentils and keep aside. Wash and finely chop the  dill  leaves along with chopped green chilies and turmeric. Add   the boiled dal/lentils, salt grated coconut and boil.
Temper with mustard and hing.
Can be served with rice or chapatis.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.