Thursday 24 October 2013

UPPIT ROTTI

I was left with lot of UPMA or UPPIT (as it is called ) that I had made for breakfast. I just kept it in the fridge and was wondering what I could do with it. And this is what materialized. It tastes so good that now it has become a regular evening tiffin at my home.
Hope you like it too!


Add a few table spoons of rice flour, finely chopped green chilies, finely chopped onion, coriander leaves and 1tsp of jeera  to the left over uppit. 
Sprinkle water and form  a soft dough.

On a girdle, apply oil, take a small ball of the dough and flatten with your fingers to form a round shape.

Now place the girdle/tawa on the stove and shallow fry .
Add a few drops of oil on the sides of the ROTTI.
Flip the rotti and fry on the other side.
Serve with butter or ghee or chutney.


Always use a cold tawa for flattening the dough. It will not spread on a warm tawa./girdle.
Alternate with two girdles.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.