1 bunch methi leaves/fenugreek leaves
1 Cup chana dal/Bengal gram dal
2-3 green chillis
1'' piece ginger
1/2 tsp hing/asafoetida
salt to taste
2-3 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp chana dal
1/2 tsp udad dal(black gram dal)
1/4 tsp hing
2-3 red chilis
FRESH GRATED COCONUT FOR GARNISHING
- Soak the dal for 3-4 hrs
- Drain the water completely.
- Grind to a coarse paste with ginger,green chillis, jeera, hing and salt. Do not add water while grinding.
- Chop the methi leaves and mix with the ground dal.
- Make small balls and steam for about 8 mins.
- Remove from the steamer and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan and prepare the tempering.
- Add the steamed balls and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut.
- Serve along with curd.