Sunday 26 April 2015

PUMPKIN SABZI

This sabzi is very simple to make and can be used as an accompaniment for rotis. It is a dry variety of sabzi, moist but with no gravy.


INGREDIENTS

1 cup yellow pumpkin cubes
3-4 tsp oil
1/4 tsp methi /fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp rayee/ mustard seeds
2-3 red chillies
a pinch of hing/ asafoetida powder
1/4 tsp haldi/ turmeric powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp chat powder
a few curry leaves
salt to taste






METHOD
  • Heat oil.
  • Add rayee. When it splutters add methi, followed by red chillies , hing and curry leaves.
  • Now add the pumpkin pieces.
  • Mix well and add salt and cover with lid and allow to cook. 
  • Sprikle a little water and allow to cook.
  • Add haldi, red chilli powder and chat masala.
  • Mix well for a  minute or two.
  • Serve hot with rotis.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.