This rotti is very nutritious and can be eaten for breakfast. But as it is a bit time taking it can be planned on holidays .
1 cup ragi flour
1 large onion
1-2 green chillies
a small bunch coriander leaves
1/2 tsp jeera / cummin seeds
1 tbsp of grated coconut (optional)
salt to t aste
oil for shallow frying
- Finely chop the onions,chillies and coriander leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients and add water and form a soft dough.
|FLOUR READY FOR MIXING|
|DOUGH READY FOR PREPARING THE ROTTI|
- Take a small amount of dough and form a ball .
- On a thick bottomed tawa/ girdle apply oil generously and keep a ball of dough on it.
BALL OF DOUGH ON A COLD GIRDLE
- Dip your fingers in water, and flatten the dough by patting it lightly.
- Try to spread it as thin as possible.
ROTTI READY FOR COOKING
- Now keep it on the stove,add a few drops of oil, cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame.
- Remove the lid, flip on the other side and allow to cook.
READY TO BE FLIPPED
|COOKING ON THE REVERSE SIDE|
|ROTTI READY TO BE SERVED|
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter and chutney.
- The dough will spread only on a cold tawa . So use two or three tawas/girdles and alternate to speed up the process.
- Finely grated carrots can also be added while mixing the dough.