1 medium sized cucumber
2-3 green chillies finely chopped
2-3 tbsp fresh chopped corriander leaves
1/4 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
a pinch of hing
salt about 1/4 tsp or according to taste
Rice flour about a cup
- Finely grate the cucumber without peeling.
- The seeds can also be used if they are tender or they can be removed.
- Mix all other other ingredients except rice flour and mix well.
- Gradually add rice flour and form a soft dough using the water from the cucumber.
- Do not add any water.
- Apply a little oil to your fingers to prevent the dough sticking to your hands.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- On a tawa/flat girdle apply some oil and flatten the balls like rotis and make a small hole in the centre with your finger
- Now keep the pan on medium flame and cover the roti with a lid.
- After a few secs remove the lid and add a few drops of oil and flip the rotti.
- Cook till done.
- Serve hot with butter and coconut chutney.