1 cup chopped snake gourd.(remove the seeds and the rind)
1/4 cup moong dal (split green gram)
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
2-3 tbsp grated fresh coconut
1/4 tsp powdered hing( asafoetida)
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
salt to taste
1-2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard
few curry leaves
a pinch of hing
- Heat oil and add the mustard,curry leaves and hing.
- Add the washed moong dal, snake gourd and turmeric powder.
- Cook till the dal becomes soft. (You can also pressure cook )
- Add salt and boil for a few secs.
- Grind the coconut ,jeera ,green chillies and hing and mix it with the dal.
- Do not boil after adding the coconut mixture. Heat on a low flame.
Serve with steamed rice or